thinking...

Friday, February 15, 2008

Coffee Talk.

I’m surrounded by many coffee enthusiasts at my place of employment. Many people actually brew their own coffee in our break room. If you accidentally pick up the wrong coffee pot (with their coffee) they are not shy to tell you get your effing hands off. I drink three cups of coffee daily. That amount of consumption would lead someone to believe that I actually like coffee. I don’t mind coffee, but I think my primary reason for consumption is I believe it makes me more accurate in my work. Taste has never been an issue for me. I’ll drink any type of coffee that is presented in front of me, as long as it’s free. In fact, I believe my taste buds may not be functioning properly because I can’t tell the difference between Starbucks and that “Freeze-dried Tasters Choice Bullshit” that is offered for free in our break room. Maybe it’s that I don’t want to taste a difference. Honestly, I get a mildly subversive feeling inside when I sit across from someone sipping on their six dollar grande and throw down my free cup of generic coffee. It makes me feel superior- when it absolutely shouldn’t.