thinking...

Monday, February 11, 2008

The Ascent of Tim


I’m recuperating from the North American Sales Conference this week. Actually I think my liver is recovering- to be a little more precise. After witnessing sales people get smashed all week long I’ve come to the conclusion that “being able to pound alcohol” should be a prerequisite for any sales job. And yes- I’m the guy who is heckled for choosing water over my fifth beer. To complicate the situation, the Telemarketers approached me at the end of the night and said “Dude, we’ve got an Xbox 360 setup in our room and more alcohol…” and my response? “Dudes, I’ve got to get home to my wife and dog.” Wow- just wow.

Oh yeah… I almost forgot to mention a big “eff-you” to the managers at the Park Meadows Best Buy. These clowns tried to deny me the return of my 16 GB iPod Touch, issuing a bunch of nonsensical policies and restocking fees. It was a hard fought battle, at the end of day I stood alone on the battlefield clutching nothing but a 32 GB iPod Touch.

You lose again Best Buy- why do you insist on this war with me? Could it be because I’m the only man alive who actually knows my rights when I sign up for the Performance Service Plan?

Oh well, the war is over for now- they’ve neutered the Performance Service Plan, and with improved technology I’ve decided to go without. Thanks for the six new iPod’s over the last eight years Best Buy.