thinking...

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Tuesday Thoughts.

So Marina has been watching “Rock of Love 2” on VH1 religiously. No matter how much I try and avoid it, somehow I ultimately end up watching it. The premise is pretty simple- Bret Michaels (of Poison) hooks up with a bunch of random skanks and strippers, week by week he then weeds them out. It’s humorous, but afterwards I always feel like I need to sanitize myself. In the most recent episode he eliminated the last girl before the finale, of course after he pretty much forced her to get a tattoo of show logo on the back of her neck. What I find most interesting here is that the girl obviously didn’t want a tattoo- yet because the cameras are rolling she goes through with it. She then gets sent home minutes later, during elimination she basically acknowledges the fact that she knew she was going home. What? So now there are two girls left, one that looks like the human version of Janice from The Muppet Show and the good girl (or least skanky of them all).


In other news I had to give a best man speech at my brothers reception (200 people) last week. It was easier than I remember it in college, but I still got nervous. The beer helped take the edge off and once it was all done I could finally enjoy the remainder of the evening. Public Speaking is one of those things I don't think I'll ever fully embrace. Even with my new job I get nervous when I have to talk in front of the CEO.

Gonna start writing my March album reviews today or tomorrow. I think I've finally had enough time with each album. Which reminds me, I'll be seeing Kraftwerk in a few weeks, need to load up my iPod with their new stuff.