thinking...

Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday Thoughts.

My co-worker is now one of those people who is addicted to using hand sanitizer. Every the half-hour or so the smell of rubbing alcohol starts wafting through the air. I think maybe she feels that if she uses it so frequently she can avoid getting sick. There has been studies to prove that crap doesn’t even work.

I’ve decided to purchase a new copy of Fifa 2008 (360) off of ebay. I actually got a brand new copy for $27 bucks, not bad considering it still retails in stores for $59.99. That is the thing about these annual franchises, they lose their value rather quickly when the next iteration is six months away. Soccer or (Footie) diehards have begun to make the transition to Fifa over the much beloved Pro Evolution series. Fifa has finally shored up their physics engine and now it plays just as well as ProEvo, not to mention you have the players and league licenses. I played the hell out of the World Cup version, so it’ll be nice to get back out on the pitch.

The new GTA4 trailer came out, it’s a pretty standard effort from Rockstar. It’s hard to not get excited about this game, especially when the main character (Nico) sounds and looks exactly like my Russian brother in law. It’s uncanny the resemblance! I’m also excited for Star Wars “Force Unleashed,” these games are always enjoyable, and the new physics and special effects look incredible. I’ve decided it’s going to take a lot for me to buy Mario Kart for Wii, even after the new Smash Brothers game I’ve been contemplating selling my whole setup. The Wii might be the most overrated system ever.

Anyways… it’s quarter end and I’ve got to stay until 7-8 PM tonight. Sigh.